(Note: The Scrive app for Slack will launch in July 2022)
Press button below to easily add Scrive to your Slack workspace:
In this article:
What is Slack?
Slack is a messaging app for business, and much more. A digital HQ for connecting people, partners, tools and customers. Slack will help you break down communication silos and bring teams together around common goals, projects and processes.
Visit the Slack website to learn more here.
- A Slack account (visit slack.com to get started)
- Subscription to Scrive eSign Online, starting from 30€/month. Start with a 30-day free trial or contact Scrive sales (see all pricing plans here).
What can the Scrive app do?
By using the Scrive app, you can now start to configure your Scrive eSign process directly from Slack - without logging in to Scrive every time. Simply, just start where you are!
- Start to configure your signing process directly from Slack.
- Choose which workspace members you want to sign the document.
- Get notifications when the document is signed in Slack.
- Select between Scrive templates.
- See the status of the ongoing signing process.
- Send reminders to the signing parties.
Setting up the Scrive app
Setting up the Scrive app in Slack is quick and easy - done in a couple of minutes!
1. Navigate to the section "Apps" in your Slack workspace or open the “More” section and select “Apps” in the menu.
2. Search for "Scrive eSign". Select and install the Scrive app in your Slack workspace.
3. Log in to your Scrive account through the app in Slack.
4. Grant the privileges in Slack.
5. You are now ready to go! The next part of this guide will walk through how to send a document through Scrive in Slack.
Start a signing process
1. To start a new signing process, begin by launching the Scrive app in Slack: either by navigating to Scrive eSign amongst your Apps (in the side menu of your workspace) or as a short command directly from your typing area.
2. Press "New document" to start configuring the settings for the signing process.
3. You now have the option of selecting signing parties directly from Slack. If someone from your workspace is to sign the document you can select them in this view. The party will get a notification through Slack to sign the document, or choose to send them a notification through email.
4. You will also be presented with an option to use a template from Scrive. Options will only be shown here if you have previously created a template in Scrive eSign Online (scrive.com).
5. Review your settings before continuing to configure the signing process. If you are happy with your settings this far, press "Continue Signing Process".
6. Finalise the settings. As a new window will open in your browser, you will be presented with a full selection of settings from Scrive where you can finish the settings for the signing process.
8. Once you have started the signing process, you can follow the status of the process either by logging in at scrive.com, or directly through Slack. The next segment will show a guide of this.
Check status of a signing process
1. If you would like to see an update for an ongoing signing process, press "Status" in the Scrive app through your Apps workspace in Slack (or log into scrive.com).
2. Navigate to the tab "Messages" in order to see the latest updates for your ongoing signing process. The newest update is presented in the bottom. If needed, you can also choose to send a reminder to one of the signing parties under the tab "Messages".
3. Delete old status updates. For clarity, you can choose to delete old status updates by navigating to the button shown below.
"Actions" - additional options
The tab "Actions" presents a number of further actions that can be helpful during your signing process.
- Withdraw a started signing process
If needed, you can choose to "Withdraw" a document/ signing process. This means that you cancel the process and none of the invited parties will be able to sign the document anymore.
- Restart a document that has been cancelled, timed out, or rejected
If you want to restart a signing process because the signing party did not sign the document in time, you can do this by navigating to the action "Restart".
- Add a workspace-member to a document
If you forgot to add a workspace member to the signing process after you have started to configure the document.
- Move a document to Trash
If you want to, you can delete a document from your list in Slack. By doing this, the document will be added to the trash in the Scrive e-archive for 30 days until it has been permanently deleted. To find the documents currently in the trash bin, log into scrive.com.