Shareable links allows you to invite people to sign a document when you don't know who the signing parties will be. (Find out how to add shareable links to your Scrive eSign service.)
To set up a publicly shareable signing workflow:
- Upload your document to the design space, or start from a template.
- On the Add parties tab, open the sender settings (first party). We recommend that you set the Role to Viewer unless you also want to sign all documents generated from the link. If you do not wish to get a confirmation for each signed document, set Confirmation to None :
- Open the settings for the second party and set Invitation to Link:
- On the Place fields tab, drag and drop fields for the data you want to collect, and for all fields make sure Party is set to Party 2:
- Click Save as template, and then go to your E-archive and locate your template in the Templates area.
- Under Link (right column), click the + icon to open the Generate a new shareable link dialog:
- Click OK to create a link to your template:
- Click the copy icon to copy the link to your clipboard, and click OK.
You can also click the eye icon to retrieve the link later. The refresh icon generates a new link (which invalidates the previous link). The X icon discards the link (which invalidates any link you have shared).
Run a test:
- Send the link to yourself by email.
- Follow the link, complete the fill and sign workflow you created to confirm it’s what you want.
- Retrieve the signed document from your E-archive to confirm it meets your requirements.