Did you mistakenly invite someone to sign a document at their personal email address when you meant to send it to their company address?
No problem! It's easy to update the email address of your signing party even after sending out the signing invitation.
There's no need to cancel the entire signing process just to update the address of one signing party. And updating one party's email address won't inconvenience the other parties who have already received their invitation and maybe even signed by now. You can also update the mobile number for SMS invitations.
To change an email address:
- From your E-archive, open the document that needs an email update. In this example, both signing parties have received their invitation. One party has already signed, but the invitation to the other party was delivered to the wrong email address:
- Click Change email for the party with the incorrect address to open the dialog:
- Update the email address.
- Click OK.
What happens next:
- A new signing invitation goes out with a new link to access and sign the document, but only to the updated party.
- The link in the first invitation to that party is no longer valid. Invitations sent to other parties remain valid.
- A full audit trail of these changes shows up in the evidence package that’s saved with the signed document.
This feature also works when using SMS as your invitation method. Use the same method to update the mobile number.