The Scrive Process Template fully automates the process of creating a Scrive Document. By standardising the Scrive sending process, your users can generate a Scrive Document with one click.
The Scrive Process Template pre-defines all the required inputs to create a Scrive Document ready to be sent. Once a Scrive Process Template is fully set, all that is needed to create and send a Scrive Document is the Scrive Process Template Id and source record Id (e.g., opportunity).
A dedicated wizard supports the creation and maintenance of the Scrive Process Template.
- Source Object: the object that links to the Scrive Document (typically Opportunity)
- Main Document source: can be either an Attachment, Document, Scrive Document Template, Lightning file, or a Visualforce
- Scrive Document Properties: language, invitation message, etc.
- Signatories: can be either a contact, user, or standalone email address
- Field Mapping: fields defined in Scrive Template can be synced (both ways) with fields in Salesforce
- Dynamic Attachments: an attachment added to the main document (e.g., Visual Force PDF with list of Products)
- Static Attachments: an attachment added to the main document (e.g., T&C)
IMPORTANT: There must be a lookup to the Contact on the Source Object, as one of the signatories is usually a Contact. Make sure this lookup exists, especially if you are preparing a Scrive Process Template which uses custom object as its source.
Note: ‘Language’ defines the language in the Scrive UI and for the Scrive messages sent via email and SMS.