Before you delete a user:
Note that after you delete a user from your Scrive account, you and other users can still use any templates and attachments they shared, but you can't delete them, and you can't edit the templates. Therefore, before deleting a user, we recommend that you make copies of any shared templates and attachments.
To make a copy of a shared template:
- To determine if the user has shared any templates, from the top menu click Start from template, and on the templates list, look for the user’s name in the Shared by column (or search the list by the user’s name):
- Select the shared template to open it in the design space.
- If you want to re-name it, go to the Other settings tab and edit the Document name.
- Click Save as template. A copy of the template is saved to your E-archive.
- Log in to the user’s account to delete the shared template. If you can’t log into their account, contact Scrive.
To make a copy of a shared attachment:
- To determine if the user has shared any attachments, log in to the user’s account and go to the Attachments area of their E-archive. If you can’t log into their account, contact Scrive.
- Select any shared attachment to open it in a new browser tab.
- Download the attachment to save a copy to your own device.
- Delete the shared attachment from the user’s account.
To delete a user:
- In the Users area of your account, click the red X to the right of the user’s name:
If there is no red X
If there is no red X, it means this user has started a signing process that is still in progress. To delete this user, you must first cancel the signing process as follows:
- From your E-archive, click the process in progress to open the status page
- Click Withdraw