Your mailing list must be in CSV format, which you can create from a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. For optimal performance, it is recommended to limit your mailing list to approximately 500 names.
- Create a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet containing the email addresses, mobile numbers (only if using an SMS invitation option), and any other data you want to include for your signing parties.
- Don’t save the spreadsheet in CSV format until you have prepared the data as described in these steps.
- Make sure the spreadsheet includes the following seven mandatory columns. The columns must be in the following order (exact spelling not required):
- First name
- Last name
- ID number
- Company reg. no.
- Make sure there is a valid email address for every signing party. Email is the only column that must contain data, unless you are sending the signing invitations by SMS. Mobile numbers must begin with “+” and the country code.
- Including name data is highly recommended, since we will name the signed document "Document name - First name Last name" . Both first and last name can be in the same column.
- If you want to add more columns, they must appear after the first seven mandatory columns. All of the columns in your spreadsheet will be available as text fields that you can add to the document on the Place fields
Note: If you are using a Scrive template containing custom fields representing additional columns, the names of any additional columns in your CSV file must exactly match the spelling of the custom field names in the template.
- Save the Excel file, and then save it in CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) format. If you receive a warning that you may lose some features, confirm that you want to continue and save as a CSV file.
- Do not close the CSV file.
Next: Upload mailing list