To add a text field:
- Click the Place fields tab, and scroll to the place in the document where you want to add a text field.
- Click the green Text field tool, and then drag the box and place it at the desired location in the document.
- Select options from the pop-up dialog.
- Click Remove to delete the text field.
- Click Close to apply your settings. You can click the box again to re-open the pop-up dialog and make any changes.
Text field options:
Party: Determines which party’s information should populate this field.
Field: Determines what kind of information to display or enter in this field. To create a custom field, select New field… and enter a label. The custom field will also appear on the Add parties
- Mandatory for sender: You must provide data for this field before you can send the signing invitations. You can enter the data in this dialog or on the Add parties
- Mandatory for recipient: The person selected in the Party field must complete this field in order to complete the signing process. However, it’s possible for the sender to complete this field before sending the document; in this case, the field will be locked (not editable by the recipient).
- Optional: Completing this field is not required by any party (not available for all field types).
- Font size: Select a size for the text from the menu.
- Anchor: This feature is only available with Scrive GO.