Learn Scrive eSign in 5 minutes with this 3-step tutorial. You just need:
- a Scrive account (sign up for a free trial)
- any PDF document to use as a sample
- two other valid email addresses (in addition to the email you use for your Scrive account)
To sign your first document:
- Go to Scrive.com and click Login to log in to your account. If you forgot your password, enter your email address and click Forgot? to receive an email with an activation link.
After you successfully log in, by default you will be on the Start new process screen:
- Drag and drop your PDF document onto the design space, or click Select PDF. By default, you will be on the Add parties tab:
The Add parties tab is where you set the parties who will sign the document. By default, you (the logged-in user) are already listed as the first signing party, and there is a second party (blank) with a red border to indicate that an action is required:
- Click the second party to open the dialog. Email is the only required field (indicated by the red shading):
The Full name field is not required, but entering the party’s name makes it easier to track the signing process and manage the completed document.
- Enter the name and email address of the other signing party (it can be you, using a second email address), and then click Close:
For this tutorial, there are no other required actions on the Add parties tab. Learn about the many powerful workflow features.